Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Goddess of honey, sexiness, dance, fertility, water, money, and more




I have two sides.
I am water. I am attraction.
My name is Oshun and I am a goddess of West Africa. My presence is also felt by people who came from Africa to Cuba, Brazil, etc.
I am seductive, a lover of many men, a giver of good things. I love myself and want to share life with others. I am all the best parts of being female. I am honey.
I am seen and felt where there is sweet, fresh water.
Women pray to me especially at waterfalls and I help barren women, pregnant women, and those dealing with infertility, miscarriages and difficult pregnancies. I know that inside every woman is a goddess.
Once, when there was a drought, I became a peacock and flew up to the sun. I talked with the powers that be and brought back the rains.
I am the goddess of money. In Cuba I am called Our Lady of the Caridad del Cobre, because of the association with copper money. My color is also yellow.
Don’t make me angry! It’s really hard to do, but I can be fierce.
I love to dance. When you dance, you are honoring me.


No comments:

Post a Comment